- DELAWARE PARK: $200,000 Kent Stakes (G3), Race 7, 4:15 EST
- BELMONT PARK: $250,000 Bowling Green Handicap (G2), Race 8, 4:45 EST
- ARLINGTON PARK: $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (G3), Race 7, 5 EST
- LOUISIANA DOWNS: $500,000 Super Derby (G2), Race 11, 6:15 EST
- CHURCHILL DOWNS: $150,000 Pocahontas Stakes (G2), Race 6, 8:30 EST
- CHURCHILL DOWNS: $150,000 Iroquois Stakes (G3), Race 7, 9:05 EST
- CHURCHILL DOWNS: $100,000 Ack Ack Handicap (G3), Race 9, 10:11 EST
Another big weekend of racing action awaits with two Breeders Cup Challenge races in the Grade 3 Iroquois Stakes and the Grade 2 Pocahontas Stakes from Churchill Downs. This weekend also marks the first time ever that Churchill Downs has hosted live racing in September! Why not do it in style with a strong card and night racing? They’re also doing some sort of College Rivalry Night, which should be interesting (Go Big Blue). The winner of the Pocahontas will go on to the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies on November 1, the Iroquois winner goes to the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile on November 2, both at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
Boisterous back at Belmont in G2 Bowling Green H.
We will also see Grade 1 winner Boisterous return to Belmont Park in the Grade 2 Bowling Green Handicap and Grade 2 West Virginia Derby-winner Departing try to make it two-in-a-row in the Grade 2 Louisiana Derby. Add in another exciting juvenile race at Arlington, the return of Pants On Fire in the Ack Ack Handicap also at Churchill and also the 1 1/8-mile Grade 3 Kent Stakes at Delaware Park for three-year-olds on turf and you’ve got yourself one hell of a Saturday of racing! Giddy up!