For many Wildcat fans, the upcoming 2015 season is make-or-break for Head Football Coach Mark Stoops. Although he inherited a program in shambles, Stoops will need to get to six wins and a bowl bid in 2015 in order to keep any recruiting momentum alive.
- Stoops talks about his team’s offseason progress (FOX Sports)
- Kentucky Football: 2014 Hype vs. Hope for 2015 and Beyond (A Sea of Blue)
TWEET OF THE DAY:
Triple Crown hopeful American Pharoah is back on track at Churchill Downs, galloping for the first time since his seven-length win in the Preakness Stakes.
A couple of the articles I’ve linked below offer two conflicting views of what a Triple Crown would mean for the sport of Thoroughbred horse racing.
I don’t really believe a win or a loss makes or breaks horse racing. I’m not sure one horse can save the major problems horse racing faces, but I haven’t seen a Triple Crown winner in my lifetime, and I sure as hell am tired of waiting. See articles below:
- Why Horse Racing Does Not Want a Triple Crown Winner (Forbes)
- Edelson: Can an American Pharoah Triple Crown Save Horse Racing? (Asbury Park Press)
- With future of the Preakness foggy, commission focuses on improving Maryland Horse Racing (Baltimore Sun)
- Owner of American Pharoah Fighting Lawsuit Amid Triple Crown Bid (New York Times)
NBA DRAFT 2015
The 2015 NBA Draft Lottery was Tuesday night, and the Minnesota Timberwolves walked away with the first pick in the 2015 Draft. With their acquisition of Andrew Wiggins, the first pick of the 2014 NBA Draft, and their selection of Anthony Bennett as the number one pick in the 2013 edition, the T-Wolves will presumably have the last three number-one picks on their roster entering the 2015-16 season.
The Draft will take place Thursday, June 25, and as many as four University of Kentucky players could be taken as lottery picks, including Karl-Anthony Towns, who is expected by several predictions to go to the T-Wolves with the number one overall pick.
Here’s a look at some Kentucky-related story lines coming out of Tuesday’s Draft:
- Kentucky’s Towns Says It Would Be a ‘Blessing’ to go No. 1 in NBA Draft to the Minnesota Timberwolves (Zags Blog)
- Chad Ford has four Cats in top 12 (Cats Pause)
- Jahlil Okafor or Karl-Anthony Towns? SI roundtable debates NBA prospects (SI.com)
- Wolves win NBA lottery for top pick; Lakers get No. 2, 76ers No. 3
I was wrong on Tuesday when I wrote “let’s hope that Calipari physically signs his contract extension as soon as possible” (see first article below); and what about the basketball team being mentioned in the same headline as Duke for academic achievement??